Lemon Chicken and Thyme (courtesy of Nathan's mom)
- 3 TBSP Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 Cup Chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp thyme
*I love the onions in this recipe it is probably my favorite part. We usually serve this with egg noodles because they cook quickly.
Lemon Cream Pasta
Original Recipe Yield 4 servings
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package rotelle pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place chicken in a lightly greased baking dish. Squeeze lemon over both sides of the chicken breasts and season both sides using 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Bake for 40 minutes, or until juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, season the chicken broth with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil and add lemon juice and pasta. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until all liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Cut cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces and stir into cooked pasta, along with the cream and lemon zest. Cook, stirring, over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Stir thoroughly before serving.