Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Let's Get Cookin'

Here's a post I did for work, but I thought it would be fun to share :-) Plus I'm proud of myself sometimes I can be creative.

With my wedding coming up fast I’ve been pressured into trying to get a little more organized. One of the things I’ve been wanting to do
is to decorate a Clip it Up Mini for my kitchen and use it for recipes. Now I really don’t have many recipes yet (if you have some good ones let me know), so my Clip it Up Mini will be a little bare but hopefully over the next few months I’ll be able to fill it up.

I took Aphra’s idea for decorating the tabs (Fancy Tabs) and used the Graphic 45 Domestic Goddess Line and got to work.

First I used Krylon spray paint and painted my Clip it Up Mini cream. Then I cut out paper in the shape of the base, and picked a coordinating border for the side. I mod podged them to the base. (It was a little bit tricky to make the paper smooth around the rounded edge, but a little bit of patience goes a long way)

Then it was the fun and easy part. Decorating the Tabs.

I made the following categories

  • Menu (I’m being optimistic-hopefully this category will have the recipes that I’m planning on making that week)
  • Breakfast
  • Sides
  • Pasta
  • Soups (I’m so excited I have some good fall soups that I can’t wait to make)
  • Breads
  • Salads
  • Beef
  • Chicken
  • Slow Cooker (my favorite Sunday dinners)
  • Dessert
  • Other

As you can see the tabs aren’t fancy I just covered them with paper and put a few embellishments on them. I think they turned out cute.

I then tied a bow around the top and added a few tags from the Domestic Goddess Line.

Here’s the final product!

I’m really happy with how it turned out. Now I better get cooking so I can fill it up :-)

Wish me luck!
Bobbi

Simply Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment