They were really easy here's the 1,2,3's
- First paint the wood your desired color-I chose black
- Cut out the paper you want to use. (simply trace it using the wood cutout and then cut it out). Don't stress too much if it isn't exact
- Paint wood glue on the top where you want the paper. Smooth the paper on and let it sit 5-10 mins.
- Sand down the edges and sand off any overhanging paper
- Distress the edges using a sponge brush and paint.
The wood connection has some awesome tutorials on there blog explaining how to add paper to your projects and how to distress them. Check them out here.