Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin Cornbread-Pumpkin Week Day #4

Mmmmm...I love pumpkin goodies! I know fall is the time for pumpkin goodness, but I vote we make it year round.  I could totally go for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies in April.  Who's with me on this one?  Anyways tonight I didn't have time to plan dinner so when I got home I had to quickly throw something together. The end result chili and pumpkin cornbread. :) I was a little nervous about the pumpkin cornbread but I tasted the better and it actually tasted really good.  I could hardly wait for the timer to ring!!!



Pumpkin Cornbread



 Ingredients:

  • 1 C all-purpose flour
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 C cornmeal
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 C unsweetened pumpkin puree (canned or freshly cooked and processed)
  • 2/3 C light brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4 C canola oil
  • 1 tbsp molasses

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and spice into a large mixing bowl. Whisk in cornmeal.
3. In separate bowl, beat eggs lightly. Whisk in pumpkin, brown sugar, oil and molasses.
4. Make a well in the dry mixture. Add pumpkin mixture and blend batter with a few quick strokes (just until blended- don't over-mix).
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 mins, or until cornbread is browned and the surface has a slightly springy feel.

Enjoy :)
~Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment