Monday, August 15, 2011

Baked Lemon Pasta & Chicken

This dish was really good... and it was even better as leftovers. I've been a fan of the pioneer woman for a long time, but I've never been daring enough to make any of her dishes. I finally decided I'd try one. I found a Lemon Pasta dish that I knew (if I could make it right) Nathan would love it.

Baked Lemon Pasta

Added by Ree on June 19, 2009 in Main Courses, Pasta

Prep Time 15 Minutes
Cook Time 30 Minutes
Servings 6 Difficulty Easy

Ingredients

  • 1 pound Thin Spaghetti
  • 4 Tablespoons Salted Butter
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 1 whole Lemon, Juiced And Zested
  • 2 cups Sour Cream
  • ½ teaspoons Kosher Salt, Or More To Taste
  • Plenty Of Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • Flat-leaf Parsley, Chopped
  • Extra Lemon Juice

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook spaghetti until al dente.

In a skillet, melt butter with olive oil over

LOW HEAT. When butter is melted, add minced garlic. Squeeze lemon juice into the pan. Turn off heat.

Add sour cream and stir mixture together. Add lemon zest and salt. Taste, then add more salt if necessary. Pour mixture over drained sp

aghetti and stir together, then pour spaghetti into an oven safe dish.

Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Then remove foil and bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes. (Don’t bake too long or the pasta will dry out.)

When you remove it from the oven, squeeze a little more lemon juice over the top. Top generously with Parmesan cheese, then chopped parsley. Give it a final squeeze of lemon juice at the end.

Serve with crusty French bread and a simple green salad.

I figured in order to pass this as a full mea l, I better add some chicken to it. So I went to Smith's and bought the pre-seasoned lemon pepper chicken breasts. I cut them into smaller pieces and cooked them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes (until done). I added the chicken to the pasta and sauce and then dumped them all into a square baking dish. After it was baked I was a little nervous about the parsley, but it was my favorite part so don't skip it. :-)

Here's how mine looked. Nathan said it tasted a lot like Alfredo but with a lighter lemony flavor :-)



Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment