Friday, August 26, 2011

Crockpot Sweet & Sour Chicken, Veggies & Noodles

I LOVE cereal-I could live off of cheerios for breakfast, lunch and dinner and without air conditioning we've had cereal more often than not. However my poor husband does not share my love of cereal, so I've been trying to cook him some protein to compliment the cereal. Grilled Chicken and Honey-Nut Chex, mmmm...doesn't that sound good? JK- I really don't make him eat that. I usually love cooking and experimenting in the kitchen, so we're both looking forward to cooler weather.

One way to tackle my air conditionless (is that a word?) kitchen is by using a crockpot. This meal is so simple and could be made on the stovetop as well (air conditioning is recommended). It only has 4 ingredients, 5 if you like a little more spice.


Crockpot Sweet and Sour Chicken, Veggies & Noodles

  • Bottle of Sweet & Sour Sauce
  • 2 Chicken Breasts, cut up into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 12oz bag of mixed vegetables (mine were carrots, broccoli and cauliflower)
  • 1 9oz. bag of Japanese Style Noodles

Combine the Sweet & Sour Sauce and chicken into the crock-pot and cook on low for about 3.5 hours. Then add the mixed vegetables. Continue to cook together for 1.5 hours. During the final 15-20 minutes boil the Japanese Noodles according to the directions on the bag. Once the noodles are cooked, add them to the crockpot, mix until coated, then serve.



I mentioned above that I love spicey foods; however, Nathan doesn't so I'm going to share my secret - Sweet Chili Sauce. I'm addicted to it and it adds just enough spice to almost any meal. I've even added it to ketchup to spice it up. This way I still get my spice and my husband stays happy!


Thanks for visiting. Have a fabulous weekend!
~Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment