Monday, August 22, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup

I'm pretty sure this soup is the reason my husband wanted to marry me. I grew up on this soup and I never realized how easy it was. I'm pretty sure the recipe came from the Lion House Cookbook and it's so easy to make.


Lion House Chicken Noodle Soup
  • 2 tsp chicken soup base, or 2 bouillon cubes
  • 3 cups canned chicken stock (broth) -I usually just make 3 cups of broth from bouillon cubes
  • 2 Cups chopped carrots
  • 3/4 Cup Chopped Onion
  • 2 cans (10.5 oz each) Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 1/4 C evaporated milk or 1/2 C Whole Milk -I use skim milk
  • 2 Cups cooked diced chicken
  • 2.5 oz (about 4 Cups) cooked noodles -egg noodles are great
Heat chicken soup base (or bouillon cubes ) and stock together. Add carrots, celery, and onion, and simmer until vegetables are tender. Add cream of chicken soup and milk. Then add cooked chicken and noodles. Salt and pepper to taste. Makes about 2.5 quarts or 10 one cup servings.

Love this recipe. It's so good on a cool night or when you're not feeling well.

Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment