Friday, September 16, 2011

Beef Chili and Cornbread

The beginning of August my husband and I took a quick trip to Island Park and Yellowstone. 
See here we are-not sure if that's the best picture of us though...
Anyways we had a blast we went fourwheeling (I have 2 great pictures of me AFTER we were done, the first time my face is brown from dirt, and the second time I'm drenched from being caught in rain-but I'm not sure if I have the guts to show you them-maybe later).  Oops -sorry I diverged, to get the point of the story my husband's uncle and aunt took us to eat at a little restaurant in West Yellowstone where I had some pretty good Chili.  Since that date I've been craving it, I'm not sure why because I'm not usually a big fan.  I didn't really have a good recipe so I made my own up using what I had. 
Beef Chili (see again I'm really good at coming up with recipe names;))
  • 1 lbs ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp garlic salt
  • 2 C tomato sauce
  • 1 C salsa
  • 2  1/2 TBSP chili seasoning ix
  • 1 can of chili beans
  • 1 can of red kidney beans
In a large skillet over medium heat, combine ground beef and onion and saute for 10 minutes or until beef is browned and onions tender. Drain grease if desired.  Add beef, onions and the rest of the ingredients to a crockpot, mix well and set on low heat for 6-8 hours. 

Now chili is not really chili if you don't have corn bread, and my favorite corn bread is from Marie Calendars.  I found a recipe on line here.  My husband says it was a keeper :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment